Mary Kate Sheehan
Mary Kate Sheehan is a New York City-based modern and contemporary dancer. She is from San Diego, CA, where she trained in ballet, jazz, modern, contemporary, pointe, and hip hop at the Academy of Performing Arts under the direction of Kevin Patterson. She is also a highly-acclaimed champion Irish step dancer, trained by Liam Harney and Michelle Malone-Chiles. Mary Kate appeared as a semi-finalist on Season 8 of So You Think You Can Dance as an Irish dancer. She is a graduate of the Joffrey Ballet School Pre-Professional Trainee Program and holds a B. A. in Performing Arts with an emphasis in Dance from St. Mary's College of California.
Mary Kate performs with a number of acclaimed companies including Keigwin + Company and Sean Curran Company. She is also a lead dancer, rehearsal director, and founding member of the Wolfe project with Marlena Wolfe, as well as a lead dancer and rehearsal director for Darrah Carr Dance. She participates in many dance events around New York City for other choreographers, including Julia Ehrstrand, Tyler Gilstrap, and Shelly Hutchinson, and she is the General Manager of Sidra Bell Dance New York.
Mary Kate is an accomplished teacher in the New York City area, as well as internationally. She is currently modern and contemporary faculty at both STEPS on Broadway and Peridance Capezio Center. She has taught at a number of studios and institutions in and around California, New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. She has directed dance programs/curricula in Sweden, and she has taught and set choreography in Sweden, the UK, Germany, Holland, and South Africa in professional, pre-professional, and outreach settings.
- Dancer with Keigwin + Company in Vail Dance Festival: NYC ReMix (Damian Woetzel, Director) at New York City Center Theater
- Dancer with Sean Curran Company in Opera Lafayette performances at the John F. Kennedy Center and Lincoln Center
- Lead Dancer in Sean Curran's Bessie Award-Nominated Dingle Diwali
- Co-choreographer on So You Think You Can Dance Ukraine (with Shelly Hutchinson)
- Faculty at STEPS on Broadway and Peridance Capezio Center
- Guest Faculty at Balettakademien Stockholm & Balettakademien Göteborg
- Program Directory & Head Instructor Viksjöforsbaletten Fall 2017